Friday, February 17
Me... in a nutshell. (Or, in a stolen jpeg) ;-)
There it is, ladies and gentlemen. This girl has everything I like, want, already have because I love(d) it, and want to be... well, with the exception of personality, only because I haven't actually met her.
1. The hair. I have been dying my hair- slowly but surely- over the last year to get it back to be lighter, and then toward being lighter than it ever was before. This would be the perfect shade of blonde. If you know me, you know I used to despise this type of thing. But, if you know that, then you also used to know I used to hate the color pink and had a giant chip on my shoulder about being petite... along with everything else.
2. The infinity scarf. I have been making plans to make one, as I think it's an ingenius idea. I'm not one to begrugde trends, because I'm no hipster. I think that if something becomes that popular, there's usually a reason. I don't like Jersey Shore or tout Apple for making the best products on the market, so I'm not a complete slave to trends, but I will say this- I don't care if everyone's wearing something I like, too. It just means they have good taste!
3. The fairisle sweater. I love that her sweater is navy blue- a color I was told when I started to go really blonde looked good with light blonde hair- and form-fitting. I think that slouchy sweaters definitely have their place, but sometimes the perfect fit is just that- perfect. You can just never go wrong with navy blue and white and something that fits you perfectly- no matter your size.
4. The leather strap tie belt. I love that she did this, because this is absolutely something I would do, too. It tightens without being an actual belt- devil things that I hate.
5. Jeans that fit. See number 3. You can't beat a good fit. Not too tight or revealing, not so baggy that you can't see her shape. Very nice.
6. The plaid wedge boots. Though not just like mine, seen here- these are adorable while conveying the same idea- casual, but attractive. These boots don't say you aren't trying, but they definitely aren't trying too hard.
7. The structured, carry-all bag. This statement bag says it all. I love that it is structured and classy enough for work, but she's taking it out for chores/errands, too. It's perfect, and it goes so well with the rest of her ensemble.
8. THE DOG. Now, EVERYONE that knows me knows that I have been wanting a Bernese Moutain dog forrrr-eeeeeeevvvvv-eerrrrrrr. This girl.... gah! How does she know? How did she do it? How did my mom find this picture- and before me?! So perfect.